Environmental Policy - Version 4
1. Environmental Policy
Our goal is sustainable development - meeting the needsof the present with-minimum impact on future generations because,
WE believe that our commitment towards an orgatizational culture of continual improvement that cares for the environment through a life will also create a culture in favour of excellence.
WE arecommitted to encouraging our suppliers to improve their environmental performance related to the supply and use of materials andproducts.
In addition WE challenge ourselvesto excel at:
-Preventing pollution by identifizing the environmental effects and significant impacts of our activities andeither eliminate, reduceor control them. This includes:
- Seeking to minimize the consumption of resourcessuch as energy, water and hazardous materials
- Reducing, re-using andrecycling wastewhere possible
- Monitoring, controlling andreducing where practical air emissions, water discharges and noise
- Encouraging participation of all employees in environmental initiatives
- Complying with applicable legal requirements andwith other requirements to which the organization subscribeswhich relate to the environmental aspects
This policy will be made available to thepublic andis implemented through aformal Environmental Management System, which isperiodically audited andreviewed to ensureits continuing suitability and effectiveness, in realizing its intended outcomes.
Responsibility for the succesfull implementation of this policy restswith the CEO However, all staff are required to follow thoseparts of the Environmental Management Systemthat apply to them. Staff will be provided with the appropriate training and resources in orderto carry out their taskseffectively and efficiently.
This policy has been endorsed by all the executive managementof Playmobil Malta Ltd.