Environmental Policy - Version 4
1. Environmental Policy
Our goal is sustainable development - meeting the needs of the present with-minimum impact on future generations
WE believe that our commitment towards an orgatizational culture of continual improvement that cares for the environment through a life will also create a culture in favour of excellence.
WE are committed to encouraging our suppliers to improve their environmental performance related to the supply and use of materials and products.
In addition WE challenge ourselves to excel at:
-Preventing pollution by identifizing the environmental effects and significant impacts of our activities and either eliminate, reduce or control them. This includes:
- Seeking to minimize the consumption of resources such as energy, water and hazardous materials
- Reducing, re-using and recycling waste where possible
- Monitoring, controlling and reducing where practical air emissions, water discharges and noise
- Encouraging participation of all employees in environmental initiatives
- Complying with applicable legal requirements and with other requirements to which the organization subscribes which relate to the environmental aspects
This policy will be made available to the public and is implemented through a formal Environmental Management System, which is periodically audited and reviewed to ensure its continuing suitability and effectiveness, in realizing its intended outcomes.
Responsibility for the succesfull implementation of this policy rests with the CEO However, all staff are required to follow those parts of the Environmental Management System that apply to them. Staff will be provided with the appropriate training and resources in order to carry out their tasks effectively and efficiently.
This policy has been endorsed by all the executive management of Playmobil Malta Ltd.